I know none of you like all those recipe blogs with the mountain of text and pop-ups before you get to the actual recipe, so all I’m giving you is a paragraph or two of introduction.
This is a recipe I developed to be used in various situations that require flour, mostly for a variety of breads that I make. My goal was to be gut-healthy (which means variety) and to use whole ingredients wherever possible.
See my notes on potential substitutions because most of the ingredients on this list are far from absolutely necessary.
Recipes that use this flour blend include:
Gut-healthy Multi-grain Flour Blend
- Large mixing bowl
- Large storage container
- 4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Cup Spelt Flour
- 2 Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Ground Flax Meal
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Hemp Seed Hearts
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl
- Place in storage container(s) to use in other recipes. Makes just over 14 cups of flour, enough for roughly 4 standard bread recipes.
- You can replace most of these ingredients with other flours as desired, such as rye, lentil flour, millet flour, other nut flours, etc.
- If you do substitute other flours, we recommend at least keeping the Whole Wheat, Flax Meal, and Chia seeds. These will help the flour bond when used.
- Lentil flour will make the resulting bread softer, a good variant is replacing almond flour with lentil flour.