I know none of you like all those recipe blogs with the mountain of text and pop-ups before you get to the actual recipe, so all I’m giving you is a paragraph or two of introduction.
This is our favorite pumpkin bread recipe, using our special flour blend. It’s my wife’s favorite bread recipe, and a great spiced bread alternative.
You will need Gut-healthy, Multi-grain Flour for this recipe.
Multi-grain Pumpkin Bread
- Large mixing bowl
- Bread pan or muffin tin
- 1 1/2 cups Gut-healthy, Multi-grain Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together all dry ingredients, except the nuts, in a large mixing bowl
- Add eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla and mix thoroughly
- Fold in the pumpkin puree and nuts
- Grease a loaf pan or muffin tin, pour the mixture into whatever pan you choose
- For a loaf, bake for 30-40 minutes. For a muffin tin, bake for 18 – 22 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool